Composition (Iain’s group)
Finish your ‘On D’ piece, following the instruction sheet on Moodle. Remember to base it on at least two pieces in the ‘String techniques’ area of Moodle; there are lots of examples, with scores and mp3s.
Submit your piece on Moodle before Friday’s lesson.
1. [from last week] Write a short essay comparing the Haydn and the Webern in terms of their texture. Use the essay planner that we looked at in class to structure your essay as follows: This is for Wednesday 21st October
- a short introduction saying when the pieces were written and by whom
- one short paragraph for each comparison question (but these should make sense on their own rather than being literal answers to the questions)
- a short conclusion making a general between the texture in these two pieces (e.g. they are quite similar but or “they are very different but …”)
2. [from this week] Write a short essay comparing the Haydn and the Bach in terms of their harmony. This is for Wednesday 4th November
Please note the following:
- structure the essay around the harmony comparison questions (one paragraph for each question addressing both works)
- read the Edexcel and RG notes on the Music AS Moodle in the resources folder for Bach and Haydn so that you can generalize your answers, using the specific passages that we have looked at for examples