Year 13 Homework w/c 30th September
Composition Homework (A – Monday; B – Wednesday)
You should be cracking on with sketches. For those doing Sonata form, over the next few weeks, the following should be complete:
- First subject (tonic)
- Second subject (dominant)
- Codetta (dominant – see notes on Moodle)
- Some sketches for the development in a range of keys and exploring and developing motifs in different textures
This week we are looking at SECOND movements. Please review the Haydn and start reviewing Essay topic C.
NEXT week we will look at review the Webern and Ravel Wider listening works. Please make sure you have learnt the points relevant to them.
Year 12 Homework w/c 30th Sept.
Group C (every day group)
Set Monday: Complete C2(i) and C2(ii) by Wednesday
Set Thursday: Complete pages 20-21 by MONDAY
Group G (Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday)
Set Tuesday: Complete C2(i) and C2(ii) by Friday
Set Friday: Complete pages 20-21 by MONDAY
Year 12 HW w/c 23rd September
C Group (every day group)
- Set Monday for TUESDAY: submit your two-bar idea on Moodle by the end of Tuesday 24th. Ensure it has dynamics, articulation and a tempo marking
- Set Monday for Wednesday: Finish Exercise C1 by the lesson on Wednesday
D Group (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday group)
Homework not yet set.
Year 13 Music HW w/c 16th September
You need to have come up with TWO initial idea (e.g. a first and second subject) for your Composition 1 by the end of
- Group A MONDAY 23rd
- Group B WEDNESDAY 25th
Hand in on MOODLE please
AoS E (Twentieth century)
– Look over the work we have done on the Poulenc – we will do review with blank scores so you need to know keys and chords etc.
– Review the Ravel String Quartet wider listening work
Year 12 HW w/c 16th September
Tuesday (for Wednesday): again write a melody according to the instructions on page 8. If you did not complete Exercise B4 in class, please do so
Monday (for Tuesday): Follow the instructions on page 8 to write a two-bar melody (you are basically doing this)
Wednesday (for Friday). Write a two-bar idea in 4/4 and A major. The first bar should be chord I and the second bar should be based on the first but adapted so it fits with chord V7. Please include some dynamics and articulation.
Tuesday (for Wednesday): Follow the instructions on page 8 to write a two-bar melody (you are basically doing this)
Year 12 HW w/c 9th September
Group C (every day group)
- Friday 6th: Please finish Exercise A1 in the Starting Points booklet before the lesson on Monday
- Monday 9th: Please complete exercise A2i
- Wednesday 11th: Please complete everything up to the end of page 4
Group D (Tue/Wed/Fri group)
You should have completed everything up to the end of page 4