NEXT WEEK! Keep practising, performing and listening! Check that you definitely have the correct times for rehearsals, warm-up and assessment in your diary. Remember that you are permitted to bring and audience should you wish to do so
Please submit whatever you have worked on and anything that is NOT finished.
If your compositions are pretty much done, you should work on your log / coversheets (links on Moodle)
We will have a short answer quiz on the second movement plus some work on other movements this week.
Please write the following essay:
“Discuss the development of the finale in the symphony from 1750-1900”
Please note that in class we discussed the list on the topic notes for this and REMOVED J.C. Bach but ADDED Tchaikovsky 6.
Your essay should discuss some earlier examples then Haydn 104 in detail then some later examples.
Friday 27th April Final Composition Deadline
Please upload finished work into FINAL SUBMISSION folder on Moodle for admin checks. Please check that you have submitted all of the following for all your pieces.
1) PDF of score (please put a copy of the original Sibelius file on your H drive in a folder called “Music Unit 2 Submission”)
2) Sibelius file AUDIO VERSION (you should export it to a WAV file and put it on your H drive in a folder called “Music Unit 2 Submission”).
3) Coversheet in PDF format
4) Final version of log IN WORD FORMAT
Please complete one of each of the main quiz types (i.e. on on each movement of the Haydn and one each on Poulenc and Debussy)
If you have already made some good revision notes this won’t take you too long! Please copy the Topic Threads notes (there is a word document version) and add notes on each of the symphonies that are offered as examples using the development of the symphony notes on alm to help you (Topics A-H). Revise these notes ready to write a timed essay when you get back.
WCT AND AoS E Revision
- Write an essay on a topic of your choice, giving yourself just 40 minutes to handwrite it with no notes. You can revise it first, however.
- Complete a quiz on the Third Movement on Moodle
- ALSO please complete a quiz on the Debussy
Make sure there is real progress this week please – hand in on FRIDAY on Moodle
- Please complete at least one Haydn First movement quiz and at least one Haydn Second movement quiz (here)
- Please revise the WCT Topic threads for a spot test NEXT Monday ()
AoS E revision
Please use the annotated score on Moodle (Common Resources) to update and complete the annotations of your own score. I will check them next week in the lesson on THURSDAY.
Composition (due Wednesday 28th February)
Please fill out the relevant composition log (most of you are doing OPTION A). I have given guidance enclosed in brackets as shown <guidance> – this needs to be replaced with your text.
Area of Study E (due Thursday 1st February )
Please use the booklet plus the scores, notes and readings on Moodle to complete the following task.
Create your own revision booklet or series of posters that put the Core AoS E listening works (those in the paper booklet) in context and compare them in terms of STRUCTURE and HARMONY/TONALITY. The comparisons themselves would work well in some sort of visual format whether that be a table, spider diagram or whatever.