We hope you found the Welcome to College Day informative. This post is a reminder of the tasks we have set you to do, along with links to resources you might need to complete them:
- Fill out Individual Appointment Form in time for Monday
- Complete AS Initial Performance Proposals for Thursday 5th September
- Complete Short History of Music Task in time for your first music lesson
- Brush up on your basic theory (i.e. intervals, keys and key signatures – you might find the Basic Theory section of the AS Handbook helpful)
- Buy a ring binder
- Make sure your instrument is in good working order
- Go through the Important Dates Music 2013-14 with your parents and make sure they are in diaries
If you have any questions at all you can either reply to this post (you will have to create an account to do so) or email Tom Pankhurst (email@example.com)
By the end of Friday 5th July (note new deadline) you need to have completed the task below. You have both of next weeks lessons for this task and I would expect you to spend at the least the same amount of time on it outside class. I also want your orchestrated melodies with any improvements you have made emailed to me as well please.
Write at least 20 bars of music that portrays a dramatic episode in the life of your character or reflecting a state of mind in which they might find themselves. You should email your melody with the accompanying notes in the email body.
- A fragment of your original melody should be present in the texture at some point
- You should write a paragraph describe the episode or state of mind and how the music reflects this
- You should document how you have used at least two ideas from example introduced in class.