The music department handbooks contains guidance on the various units as well as a substantial glossary of musical terms, help with harmony and a brief summary of the history of music:
The college Moodle site has a range of resources (you need to log in to use these)
- Composition Moodle – Resources for AS and A2 composing (see Guide for details of resources on Moodle)
- AS Moodle – Resources specific to AS
- A2 Moodle – Resources specific to A2
- Short History of Music Moodle – notes on different style periods along with musical examples
- Explorations in Music Moodle – powerpoints and examples from mini-lecture series designed to give a flavour of music at HE and be generally thought provoking.
ChoraleGUIDE.com – all the worksheets and resources you need for A2 chorales (developed in-house)
- Facebook Group – current students, alumni and friends can keep in touch with what is going on
- Twitter – updates and announcements for current students
- Facebook Twitter Feed – for those who would rather get announcements via Facebook
Internet Music Scores Library Project – loads of free out-of-copyright scores. The best way to find a score for which that you know the details is to search from Google (e.g. “IMSLP Brahms Symphony 4”)
Internet Music Theory Database – Loads of scores and sound files demonstrating a wide range of chord progressions.
TonalityGUIDE.com – general help on basic theory (this is an old site that I no longer update, but it has some useful material)