Composition (due A: Thursday 17th / B: Friday 18th)
- Make corrections to 16-bar phrase from last term according to feedback on Moodle
- Write a circle of fifths based on a fragment of your idea. You must:
- write it in a closely related minor key to your tonic
- write a melodic idea that spans TWO chords (i.e. I – IV) then sequence this idea down by step to create the circle of fifths
- in a minor key circle of fifths you should not raise the seventh in III (and you can decide whether to or not for vii)
- Write a 6-8 bar idea in which you pass a (modified) fragment of the melody from the 16-bar phrase between a higher and a lower instrument (like on the first page of the development of the Haydn 104 first movement). This should be in a closely related key.
A reminder of the timetable and that there is NO enrichment until Monday 21st January