Assessments on Thursday 20th May
- Short answer test on Haydn 104 last movement
- Essay question on finales
As well as reviewing your work so far (use annotated scores etc.) please complete the following:
Short answer review of recap and coda (on Google Classroom – due for Tuesday 18th May)
Review of Essay Topic on Finales (set on Google Classroom on Thursday 13th May)
Draft Rondo due on Friday 14th May on Google Classroom
Revise for a short answer test on the SECOND movement of the Haydn on Tuesday 27th April
Composition (deadline Friday 30th April on Google Classroom)
NOTE: next week we will be adding another few features so don’t hand it in early
Write a storm episode for orchestra. Your orchestra should be at least the size of that for Haydn 104.
There is no set form and it need not be a complete movement (i.e. a fragment is fine) but it must use features covered in class and listed here.
AoS A and Haydn 104
- Prepare for a timed essay on Second Movements (Topic C) using the materials on Google Classroom (timed essay on Tuesday 20th April)
- Prepare for a Short Answer test on the Second movement of the Haydn (review materials on Google Classroom)
- Review the work we have done on the FOURTH movement (Google Classroom quiz activity now available – due on Monday 19th April)
Composition (Tuesday 23rd March – end of day)
- Do the corrections on your last submission
- Write a B section (see instructions on GC)
- Complete Review Task on Movement 4 by TUESDAY. BEFORE THE LESSON
Please submit the form on Google Classroom either filled in or scanned. You can EITHER submit your music electronically as scans on Google Classroom OR as a printed copy to me. You need not resubmit music that you are repeating but clearly indicate below whether or not the piece was in your initial performance. Deadline is the last Monday of this half term. The performances will be in the week beginning Monday 14th June.
- Haydn 104 Movement 2 – Review 3 (due Tuesday 2nd March)
- Research for Essay Topic F (Orchestration) – due 5th March
Also, please make sure you have finished the homework from half term:
- Haydn 104 Movement 2 – Review 1 (due Tuesday 23rd – please complete BEFORE the lesson)
- Haydn 104 Movement 2 – Review 2 ( due Tuesday 23rd – please complete BEFORE the lesson)
- Finish off Composition Project (due Friday 26th – please read detailed instructions attached to assignment on Google Classroom)
- Complete the revision task on Google Classroom ready for the test on Thursday 28th
- Complete the initial research task for Topic F (Orchestration) on Google Classroom. Due Tuesday 2nd February.
- Complete your composition corrections and write a codetta (in the dominant). You should transpose it into the tonic for the coda and, if you want to be fancier, extend it. There are some notes on Codas at the bottom of this page There is then some more copying and pasting to make the recap. You need to copy and paste S1 at the end of your composition as it is. You need to rewrite your transition so it does NOT modulate. You then need to copy and paste S1 again to make the transposed S2, which is now the same as S1. A nice little extension would be to change S2 this time round to make the recap of it varied. (due Friday February 5th)
Development of the Symphony
Complete the reading and research task on First movements (Topic B) on Google Classroom (due first lesson back in January)
Make sure you sort Sibelius at home so you can make your corrections on Project 6 so far in response to the feedback given. Also due in first day back please.
Please do the Virtual Carols ASAP! Thanks
Please complete the compound period and tonic noise started in class and hand in on GC by the end of MONDAY. Just for String Quartet for the moment.
Review of Haydn work
Please complete the review tasks on Google Classroom (available from Thursday evening)
Composition (submit on GC by Friday 27th)
Please complete the remaining bars (see booklet for instructions):
1) Augmented sixth in bar onto dominant pedal in bar 15 (already written) 2) Circle of fifths from 10-13 (back in your HOME key). Write the first two bars then sequence exactly – don’t make it any more complicated
3) Write a bar that leads nicely into your circle of fifths in bar 9
4) Rewrite your A section so that it doesn’t modulate (so from the s.d. onwards it is all down a fifth) and put that as the last eight bars
Preparation for assessments (on Thursday 3rd)