Year 13 Half Term Homework
There are three distinct things to do over half term:
- Complete the Poulenc introductory reading and listening work on Google Classroom
- Hand in your composition (by Wednesday in half term)
- Keep on revising Haydn, Essays and Debussy. Concentrate on your weak points. We will follow a revision schedule after half term, which I will share with you.
Year 12 Half Term Homework
We have a final starting points test on WEDNESDAY 3rd November.
Make sure you complete the analysis assignments set here:
If you want to do some extra practice, you can revisit some of the earlier GC quizzes here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1p9KPCA0GDmn2dNvAxDQda9rn2zwdAd-c?usp=sharing
In the test there will be:
- Aural chords and cadences
- Simple chord labelling
- Analysis of key, embellishments and phrase structure in a short extract.
- Four-part cadence completion
- Writing simple embellishments above given harmonies
If you need any help COME TO THE WORKSHOP on Monday 1st November any time between 11.30 and 1.15
You also need to complete Composition Project 3 by the end of the first Monday back (again I can help in the workshop)
Year 12 Homework
Both these are due WEDNESDAY 20th at 4.00 (I’ve given you a bit longer as college is closed on Monday)
Year 12 Homework w/c 4th October
If you want help on composition or preparing for the test I will be around 11.30ish to 1ish on THURSDAY
Composition Project 1 (sentence)
DUE: Thursday 4pm
Assignment on Google Classroom
Follow the instructions on page 5 of the composition booklet really carefully! (electronic copy here). The same instructions expanded a little can be found here.
Interim test on Friday
- Analysing chords and keys with Roman Numerals
- Chord types
- Labelling embellishments on a score
- Harmonising a cadence in four parts
- Melody writing exercise
Also please complete Exercise C2i on Page 25 and scan up to Classroom.
Year 13 Homework
REVISE for the Practice Exam next week
Composition (due Friday 15th October)
Continue developing your composition. Write some transition, development or coda material BUT you must document on your log on your use of a good range of features from the sources linked to from https://alevelmusic.com/alevelcompositionhelp/wct-fingerprints/. There are notes on codas and codettas, harmony and modulations alongside the WCT Fingerprints and advanced Romantic Harmony.