This is the music department website for King Edward VI College in Stourbridge. As one of the largest A level music providers in the West Midlands, we attract talented musicians from Stourbridge, Dudley, Worcester, Bromsgrove, Sandwell, Kidderminster, Wolverhampton, Birmingham and beyond. We achieve excellent results and our students go on to the top universities and music colleges.
If you are interested in finding out more, visit the music pages of the college website, watch our promotional video, which includes recent performances and interviews with students, and take a look at this Powerpoint Presentation. We also have a Facebook Group for current and former students.
Exciting news! From September 2023, students will be able to take Music AND Music Technology A levels a combination that sets you up for all sorts of career options in the worlds of music and media.
Careers with A level music
(watch this video of former King Ed’s students talking about what they are doing now)
This blog is primarily for current students, but anyone is welcome to use it. Most of the resources are designed for the Eduqas Music A level.
- help with A level composition (including Style Composition (Western Classical Tradition) Hub)
- links to resources (including a large resource for Eduqas AoS A – Development of the Symphony)
- a page with timetable, dates and deadlines, including a summary of what is coming up in the next few weeks
- regular updates on current homework and assessments (see links at top)
Related websites by Tom Pankhurst:
- ChoraleGUIDE.com – help with completing Bach Chorales
- SchenkerGUIDE.com – this website companion to the Routledge text book of the same name offers help on for undergraduates studying Schenkerian analysis
- TonalityGUIDE.com – this is a legacy website but contains lots of explanations, definitions and examples of basic tonal harmony Note: I coded this website by hand back in the early 2000s and it is now broken! I haven’t got time to fix it at the moment.