This is the music department website for King Edward VI College in Stourbridge. As one of the largest A level music providers in the West Midlands, we attract talented musicians from Stourbridge, Dudley, Worcester, Bromsgrove, Sandwell, Kidderminster, Wolverhampton, Birmingham and beyond. We achieve excellent results and our students go on to the top universities and music colleges.
If you are interested in finding out more, visit the music pages of the college website, watch our promotional video, which includes recent performances and interviews with students, and take a look at this Powerpoint Presentation. We also have a Facebook Group for current and former students.
This blog is primarily for current students, but anyone is welcome to use it. Most of the resources are designed for the Eduqas Music A level.
- help with A level composition (including WCT Style Composition Hub)
- links to resources (including a large resource for Eduqas AoS A – Development of the Symphony)
- a page with timetable, dates and deadlines, including a summary of what is coming up in the next few weeks
- regular updates on current homework and assessments (see links at top)
Related websites by Tom Pankhurst:
- ChoraleGUIDE.com – help with completing Bach Chorales
- TonalityGUIDE.com – this is a legacy website but contains lots of explanations, definitions and examples of basic tonal harmony
- SchenkerGUIDE.com – this website companion to the Routledge text book of the same name offers help on for undergraduates studying Schenkerian analysis