Year 12 Half-term Music Homework
Essay research for Topic C on Google Classroom (due for end of Monday 28th February)
- Use the research frame to read and listen on the Development of the Symphony pages
- Make notes on the readings on Google Classroom
- Submit your research notes#
We will do a timed essay on Wednesday 9th March
Composition finishing (due for end of Tuesday 1st March)
Any problems – please email me.
Review work on Second Movement (due for end of Tuesday 1st March)
Year 13 Half Term Homework
Performances are the second week back after half term. Do this set of activities on Google Classroom
- Review Harmony and Tonality Essay Topic
- Look at our Countdown Schedule and review the Haydn and Debussy segments that we are doing in the first couple of weeks.
- You should also be doing more general revision of CWL pieces for the Twentieth Century and Essay topics more widely
Year 12 Homework w/c 31st January
Composition (stitching together the development) Due Friday 11th on Google Classroom
- Exposition Codetta (copied and pasted) – same as final coda that you have already written but transposed up a fifth / down a fourth into the DOMINANT (can be changed / cut down a little to make it a bit less final)
- LINK (new) – This is new. 4-6 bars that are a modified repetition of some element of the codetta including pivot to new key
- Dev 1 (written already) – Circle of fifths in a related minor key
- LINK (new) – modulation incorporating parallel motion (i.e. 3rds or 6ths)
- Dev 2 (written already) – antiphonal texture (chords in middle of texture with melody alternating above in treble instruments and below in bass instruments)
- LINK (new) modulation incorporating parallel motion (i.e. 3rds or 6ths) or a modified idea from before including a pivot to the new key
- Dev 3 (written already) – dominant pedal (dominant of original tonic)
Revise for a short answer test on Wednesday 9th (final review and resources on Google Classroom)
Plan and submit your Year 12 Internal Performance paperwork (due on March 4th)
Year 13 Music HW w/c 31st Jan
Continue with your composition for submission on Google Classroom by the end of next Monday (7th Feb,)
Remember: you are trying to make your work as beautiful and convincing as possible. Listen to it. Where does it not flow, or sound unpleasant? Can you improve these moments? Make use of dynamics and articulation in all instruments in the whole piece.
Revise for short answer questions on Debussy on TUESDAY 7th. Use the materials signposted here and upload evidence to Google Classroom.