Home » General
Category Archives: General
Congratulations to our year 13 students who are off to study at a variety of top universities and music colleges. The hard work of our students and stuff resulted in an excellent set of results. Well done to all!
|A||38% including two A*s|
Pass rate: 100%
Due on Moodle by end of Wednesday 13th (B group) / end of 14th Thursday (D Group)
Write a sketch of around 12-15 bars using only notes of ONE pentatonic scale (C would be CDEGA). IT can be generally atmospheric or have a clear melody and accompaniment. You can write for any combination but then will be stuck with that ensemble for all your sketches.
Please write the following essay:
“Discuss the development of the finale in the symphony from 1750-1900”
Please note that in class we discussed the list on the topic notes for this and REMOVED J.C. Bach but ADDED Tchaikovsky 6.
Your essay should discuss some earlier examples then Haydn 104 in detail then some later examples.
!!!Homework is COMPOSING!!!
I would like both of your pieces in on Moodle on Thursday 15th and a printed copy of the Composition 1 (WCT). In addition you must please fill out a cover sheet for both pieces of work and either print it off or attach it on Moodle. You can use this coversheet template if you wish or use your own, but it must explain the structure (including the narrative for any film scores) and mention main influences. If you want feedback in the meantime, please email me your file and questions.
Please submit compositions on Moodle by end of Tuesday:
– corrections on Composition 1
– composition 2 if you did not submit before OR you have made some progress!
Make sure you revise for test week after next – details in last homework below.
Homework for Friday
Finish the Chords Exercises for the lesson on Friday.
Complete Basic Idea sheet either for the lesson on Wednesday / Thursday
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
- First two bars are ALL chord I (twice as long as last time)
- Second two bars are ALL chord IV or V and must be the same as bars 1-2 but adapted for the chord
In order to write the first TWO bars follow these instructions and THEN write the second two bars. Ignore the chord just stick to I for the first two bars
I hope you enjoyed your Welcome to College Day sessions. We have asked you to complete a couple of tasks by the time of your first music lesson in September
- Short History of Music Task 1 and Task 2(listen to the Sample Tracks on these pages)
- 02 AS Initial Proposals
- Brush up on your basic theory (keys, chords, intervals etc.)
- Make sure your instrument is in good working order
- Make sure you have signed up for instrumental or vocal lessons at college or you have arranged weekly lessons with a private teacher approved by the college.