For THIS week (Monday 2nd/Wednesday 4th)
If I have not yet seen a continuous draft of the development, I would like to see progress towards this, otherwise you can submit either Composition 1 or Composition 2, depending on what needs the most work.
- For NEXT week
- Reading task on Patronage and Commission here on Moodle – (A group Thursday 12th / B group Friday 13th)
- Test on Poulenc (A group Tuesday / B group Thursday)
- Review of AoS E Core Wider Listening (Ravel / Webern / Poulenc – notes are in revision book, scores in green book)
End of term revision check
Please hand in the following in the lesson on THURSDAY 12th DECEMBER (I shall return them the next day)
- Notes on all essay topics (either in revision booklet or in your own format)
- Haydn annotated score
- Poulenc annotated score
- Debussy annotated score
Composition (A: Monday / B Wednesday)
Please complete corrections and suggestions from feedback on Piece 1 and start thinking about what you are going to do for Piece 2
Please review the following:
- Haydn fourth movement
- Fourth movements of Wider Listening Symphonies
- FOR the following week, you need to start reviewing the Debussy Nocturne.
Preparation for first week back after half term:
- Review FOURTH movement of Haydn and Fourth movement essay topics ready for us to tackle this when we get back.
- Review Poulenc – notes in your revision booklets and both annotated and blank scores are on Moodle. We will have a short test on the usual AoS E lesson (Tuesday for A group / Thursday for B group). If time, there will also be a short C20 test including the 5-marker at the end on Core Wider Listening.
Have a nice break!
- Transfer your notes on essay topics from your year 12 revision booklet to the new year 13 booklet
- Revise for a timed essay at the end of next week on EITHER Second or Third movements
- Complete your work for the Composition Portfolio Submission at the end of next week on Moodle, This needs to be substantial sketches including at least first and second subjects, codetta and some development sketches
Composition Homework (A – Monday; B – Wednesday)
You should be cracking on with sketches. For those doing Sonata form, over the next few weeks, the following should be complete:
- First subject (tonic)
- Second subject (dominant)
- Codetta (dominant – see notes on Moodle)
- Some sketches for the development in a range of keys and exploring and developing motifs in different textures
This week we are looking at SECOND movements. Please review the Haydn and start reviewing Essay topic C.
NEXT week we will look at review the Webern and Ravel Wider listening works. Please make sure you have learnt the points relevant to them.
You need to have come up with TWO initial idea (e.g. a first and second subject) for your Composition 1 by the end of
- Group A MONDAY 23rd
- Group B WEDNESDAY 25th
Hand in on MOODLE please
AoS E (Twentieth century)
– Look over the work we have done on the Poulenc – we will do review with blank scores so you need to know keys and chords etc.
– Review the Ravel String Quartet wider listening work
Mock this week
Monday – Musical Theatre, Debussy and C20
Tuesday (double) – Haydn Short Answer, Dictation, Essay
Thursday – Composition and Posters
Tuesday – Musical Theatre, Debussy and C20
Thursday (double) – Haydn Short Answer, Dictation, Essay
Friday – Composition and Posters
Your poster should contain;
- Very basic biographical summary (including dates and where composer worked)
- Brief summary of style and key pieces for which the composer is known
- Key pieces (from Development of Symphony on A level music) with key features
- Your poster should fit on an A4 sheet and be visually pleasing!