Revision sessions (all sessions are 90 minutes)
Session 1: Wednesday 22nd May 10.30 / Thursday 23rd 12.30
Session 2: Wednesday 5th June 10.30 / Thursday 6th 12.30
Session 3: Wednesday 12th June 10.30 / Thursday 13th 12.30
Year 13 Music Student Picnic: Friday 14th 3.30 in Mary Stevens
Please make sure you:
- Complete the 99 Revision Questions (on Music Resources Moodle under Year 13 revision)
- Do plenty of Moodle review quizzes
- Re-do some dictation (also in the Year 13 revision folder)
- Make your own notes on key symphonic repertoire (as well as by topic) and LISTEN to the excerpts (and even better whole symphonies)
- Read the Exam tips on Moodle
- Practice basic essay topics without notes (then check them afterwards)
- Practice using MITS on random musical theatre repertoire
- Listen to plenty of music by AoS E composers to help you recognise their style
ACTIVE revision little and often is best – look at a topic then answer the relevant bits of the 99 Revision Questions and/or do Moodle Quizzes. Writing essays or notes from memory is better than reading notes.
ANY PROBLEMS OR QUESTIONS? ASK – I’m at the other end of an email as well as being in college anyway. I’m happy to meet up for extra sessions as needed.