The above calendar gives an overview of what we are doing and when this half term. The focus is slightly changing as we study the following areas:
- Into the Twentieth Century (AoS E)
- Unseen listening in three early twentieth century styles
- Set work: Debussy ‘Nuages’ from Nocturnes
- Review Western Classical Tradition(AoS A) Haydn 104 and cover two more essay topics
- Continue with Musical Theatre Listening (concentrating on the 32-bar song)
- Experiment in a variety of non-WCT compositional styles
In general over this half term you need to do the six short composition tasks (see Calendar and Moodle) and make sure you have practice the music for your internal performance, which will go ahead in some form before the end of this term.
- Watch video introduction Into the Twentieth Century
- Complete Unseen Listening Exercise on Moodle
- Complete Debussy Worksheet on Moodle (you will need your yellow Nocturnes score for this)
- Start Composition Sketch 1 on Moodle (32-bar song form)
- Complete Dictation Exercise on Moodle
- Keep revising movements 1 and 4 of the Haydn for review test w/c 29th June. There are two Moodle Quizzes to complete.
- Begin to make notes on Essay Topic G (harmony and tonality).
- Watch AoS A introduction to Essay Topic G (Harmony and Tonality)
- Complete Musical Theatre Exercise (on Moodle)
- Read the brief for the composition exercise carefully and listen to one or two of the relevant examples in the Composition Sketch 1 folder on Moodle.
- Live Session on Teams at 2.00pm