B Group (for Friday 30th)
D Group: (for Monday 3rd)
- Go through the Edexcel notes on Moodle and annotate the score with features
- Use the following to help you make a list of features that would be relevant to a question about how Auric’s music relates to the Les Six:
- Accessible, simple melodies (opening)
- Harmony is basically diatonic and functional but spiced up with chromaticisms and added notes (21-25; 49-50; 64-65)
- Surprising harmonic shifts (9, 43)
- Rapid shifts in texture/orchestration
- Sparkling orchestration
- Humour / flippancy / comic exaggeration etc.
Instrumental (Due Wednesday B / Thursday D)
Write an essay comparing Corelli and Sweelinck in terms of melody and rhythm. You will need to make 24 points (6 per piece per parameter) to have a chance of getting near full marks. Please write a brief introduction and conclusion as well.
Continue your composition work and submit (B group Tuesday 4.00 / D Group Wednesday 4.00)
B Group (for Friday 7th): Please finish Worksheet 4 (worksheets available here)
D Group (for Monday 3rd): Please finish Worksheet 3 (worksheets available here)