Home » 2021
Yearly Archives: 2021
- Classwork exercise on Sonata Form on Google Classroom
- Revise for test (make sure you have done revision set last week)
- 10.15 – Haydn Short Answer test (plus dictation) in class
Homeworks (to start in class)
- Haydn Consolidation Quiz on Google Classroom (by end of Monday)
- Annotate new score and upload photo (by end of Monday)
- Composition (project 5: circle of fifths and augmented sixth) – by the end of Tuesday
Note: we will have a short-answer test on the Haydn in the last week of term.
Work w/c Monday 13th December
On Monday there is a dictation and listening exercise on Google Classroom to do by the end of the day, I have signposted some revision resources in a short video here
Tuesday 10.30 IN PERSON
Please attend class to complete timed essay on Topic L.
Thursday – VIRTUAL
I will post some exam technique resources
The priority this week is COMPOSITION (due on Classroom by the end of THURSDAY)
Note: I am very happy to give quick feedback on emailed compositions before this deadline if you email me by the end of MONDAY
Work set w/c Monday 6th December
Prepare for the timed essay on TUESDAY next week (Topic L)
Work as hard as you can to get a completed composition in by the end of Thursday next week. I am very happy to look at emailed composition work anytime up to that point.
Work set w/c Monday 29th
- Prepare for test on all three C20 Core Wider Listening works (Ravel, Debussy, Webern) on Tuesday 7th (set last week)
- Make notes on Folk and national influences (Topic L). Use resources on Google Classroom and then upload your notes to this assignment by Sunday 5th December (we will have an essay task on this in the w/c 13th December)
(Last week’s due for w/c Monday 22nd)
- Prepare for Essay on Topic A (Monday 29th)
- Prepare for Debussy Short Answer test (Thursday 2nd)
- Prepare for test on all three C20 Core Wider Listening works (Ravel, Debussy, Webern) on Tuesday 7th
Revision resources on Google Classroom:
(Last week’s work due for w/c Monday 22nd)
- Do the Essay research task for Topic A (here)
- Prepare for a test next week on Haydn 104 movement 3-4 (on THURSDAY)
- Review the Poulenc ready for a test on TUESDAY
(Last Week’s work due for MONDAY 15th
Please make corrections suggested in feedback and make sure you have it with you on Friday. We will put the finishing touches to Project 3 (basically copying and pasting the first 8 bars and adapting them into an ending) in the lesson but there will be only a very little bit of time.
Western Classical Tradition
Please complete the Topic D Research Tasks on Google Classroom
At the end of this half term you need to complete a FINISHED draft of your composition. The first task is to respond to feedback on the Sibelius file I sent you and continue work to hand in by the end of Monday 15th November. Hand in Sibelius file and update log. Submission here.
There are three distinct things to do over half term: