Complete Basic Idea sheet either for the lesson on Wednesday / Thursday
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
- First two bars are ALL chord I (twice as long as last time)
- Second two bars are ALL chord IV or V and must be the same as bars 1-2 but adapted for the chord
In order to write the first TWO bars follow these instructions and THEN write the second two bars. Ignore the chord just stick to I for the first two bars
Starting Points HW2 (set Friday for TUESDAY 19th)
Do exercise B2 on the separate sheet of paper provided (Exercise B2). Please carefully note the following:
- All the notes must either be part of chord or if they are dissonances they must be standard embellishments as listed here and they must be labelled
- The second bar should be the same as the first other than any adaptations needed for it to fit with the new harmony
- You must include dynamics and articulation
Starting Points HW1 (set Wed/Thur for hand-in on FRIDAY)
Please complete all the exercises on the first FOUR pages of the starting points booklet (A1-A4). If you are struggling you must come to the workshop on Thursday at 11:25 in the Music Classroom rather than come on Friday having not completed the work.
Exercise A1 – in the second line of this you need to raise the seventh note of the scale (e.g. the G# below the tonic of A in the example completed for you)
Exercise A2 – done in class
Exercise A3 – shuffle the notes round so you get a triad in root position and all the notes as close together in a stack of thirds. Then look at the bottom note an work out which note of the scale it is so you can work out the Roman Numeral (1st note = I, 5th = V etc.)
Exercise A4 – this is slightly different. You need to work out the chord in root position first and the root will tell you the major or minor key – check the key signature to check you are correct.
No homework as such but you need to get organised!
Have you done the summer tasks (see below)?
Apart from that:
- Show your parents the letter given out in class and bring back payment for the scores, buy the study guide, make sure they have concerts in diary [copy of letter]
- Buy a ring binder for music (don’t put all your subjects together, there is too much to put it all in one folder)
- Order tickets for the concert trips to CBSO: Letter / Permission form
- Make sure have organized instrumental/vocal lessons (yr 12 lesson request)
- If you are not confident on keys and chords – have a little HERE before your first lesson next week
I hope you enjoyed your Welcome to College Day sessions. We have asked you to complete a couple of tasks by the time of your first music lesson in September
- Short History of Music Task 1 and Task 2(listen to the Sample Tracks on these pages)
- 02 AS Initial Proposals
- Brush up on your basic theory (keys, chords, intervals etc.)
- Make sure your instrument is in good working order
- Make sure you have signed up for instrumental or vocal lessons at college or you have arranged weekly lessons with a private teacher approved by the college.